The Golf Club Eskifjordur (Byggdarholtsvollur) was established in April 1976.
Eskifjordur is a branch of the larger bay Reyðarfjordur, which cuts into the mountainous area of the Eastfiord region. On it is the fishing village Eskifjordur. Originally it was a Danish trading post (from 1798). One of the old merchant houses, Gamlabud (1816), has been restored and houses The Maritime Museum.