Island Vadstakksey is rather large and high (27m) and is situated about ½ km north of Islet Steinolfssker and 3½ km south of Island Ellidaey. Its present name did not appear in print until the New Farm Registry of 1861 was published. The island is well vegetated and should therefore have been tempting for someone to take up residence. This did not happen until around 1700, but only lasted for about 60 year, when it was abandoned for good. Bad landings and lack of water most probably drove the people away, but the legend has it that ghosts hunted the people away.