Froda is an abandoned farm and a former church site a few kilometres to the east of the town Olafsvik. Catholic churches there were dedicated to the Holy Mother. The church was moved to Olafsvik in 1892. The crossroads south across the Frodarheidi Pass, west to Olafsvik and east to the town Grundarfiord adjoin the property.Further away from the main road is still another ruin, much older and believed to be the ancient farm Froda described in the Eyrbyggja Saga. This farm was the stage of the most bizarre haunting of the Icelandic Sagas. Those events started after the drowning of a few of the household members. They suddenly appeared dripping wet and sat down by the long fire of the farm, other dead and buried people rose from their graves, a head of a seal appeared out of the fire place and a long, mysterious tail appeared out of a stack of fish in the larder. During the summer it rained blood. To get rid of the 16 ghosts, a court was assembled and its verdict was their expulsion. They stood up as one and disappeared and were never seen again. The houses were further cleansed with Holy Water and Holy Relics were carried through with prayers.