Utskalar was a church site and a parsonage and one of the greater mansions of the so-called Sudurnes Area along with Stori-Holmur of the Leira County, and Kirkjubol of the Midnes County. The church was dedicated to St Peter and the Holy Bishop Thorlakur. The present church was built in 1863-63, a wooden structure based on a stone structure, with a loft, and seats for 200 people.
Utskalar Church in Icelandic
Photo Credit: Visit Reykjanes