Skogar is the common name for two farms, a school and the open air, communications and folk museum. The school and the museum were inaugurated in 1949. The school buildings are used as a summer hotel. The curator of the folk museum was the initiator of its foundation and he is responsible for its collection and development for over six decades. He is still going strong and enjoys showing the visitors around. Old houses have been restored and rebuilt on the museum grounds. The church is a replica of old country churches but the inside decorations are old artefacts from old, bygone churches. The church was consecrated by the Lutheran bishop in 1998. There had been no church at Skogar for two and a half centuries, when that happened. The alluvial plain south of Skogar shows us clearly, that it is possible to turn the grey gravel and sand deserts green again and down by the sea it is possible to spot the harbour seals tumbling in the water.