Hof is a cluster of farms in the Oraefi County. During catholic times, the church there was dedicated St. Clemens. The preserved sod church dates back to 1884 and got into the care of The National Museum after it had been restored and reconsecrated in 1954.
Among the houses to be seen, there are quite a few abandoned ones, which were occupied up to the late 20th century. Many of the farms offer board and lodgings for the travellers.
Saga trail South Iceland