Olfus County South Iceland,
SOUTH ICELAND
 TRAVEL GUIDE
Alphabetical Order
Attractions
Bus schedule
Camping
Car rental
Churches
Ferries
Flights
Fishing
Golf
Icelandic Saga
Info centres
Hotels
Hiking trails
Maps
More Iceland
Museums
National parks
Photo gallery
Sunrise - sunset
Swimming
Tours
Volcanoes

 


OLFUS COUNTY

TRAVEL GUIDE

 

The eastern boundaries of the Olfus county are limited to farm Alvidra and River Olfusa to the sea.  The westernmost farm is Hlidarendi and the county engulfs the independent, horticultural town Hveragerdi and River Varma creates a part of the boundaries south of the Horticultural School and the excellent outdoor swimming pool at Laugaskard.  Close to the bridge across River Olfusa in town Selfoss a part of the county was contracted to the town in 1930 and in 1946 the Hveragerdi County was established and separated from the Olfus County. The county’s church sites are at Hjalli, Kotstrond and Thorlakshofn. Communications within the county and connections with outside areas are good. The most important development was the opening of the Threngsli road (14,8 km) in the latter part of the 20th century and the inauguration of the Olfusa bridge (1988; 360m).  It is surprising how many places of interest can be found within this area as can bee seen by clicking “Attactions





 



ALVIDRA

SELVOGUR


.
Flag of Iceland
In Icelandic


Hiking Hiking

Hveragerdi hotsprins area


 

 

BACK               Nat.is - Box 8593 108 Reykjavik- tel.: +354-898-0355 - nat@nat.is - about us - sources               HOME