The museum collects objects that serve
as reminders of daily life in Akureyri and the Eyjafjörður area in
times past. It also houses an important collection of photographs by
local photographers. The garden adjoining the museum is the first
forestation centre in Iceland, dating from 1899. Next door to the
museum stands a timber church from Svalbard, an
Eyjafjörður farm, originally built in 1846.
Publications: Brochure, postcards,
catalogues for in-house exhibitions, posters, research reports.
Open daily June 1st to
September 15th, 10,00-17,00.
During winter September 16th to May 31st, Saturdays 14,00-16,00, and
also according to previous arrangements.
Sources: The museum's website 2004.