The Budir church is in the benefice of Ingjaldsholl
and the Snaefell- and Dalir Deanery. The first church was built there
in 1703. It was later demolished and a new one constructed. In 1816,
the parish was abolished and the church was dismantled. One of the
ladies of the parish fought strongly for a new church and eventually
received a royal permission to build a new one, which stood ready in
1848. In 1987, it was reconstructed and consecrated the same year.
Among the valuable possessions of the church are a bell from 1672 and
another one without the construction year, an altarpiece from 1750, an
old silver chalice, two messing candlesticks from 1767, and a door
ring from 1703. The crucifix on the altar was made and donated by the
goldsmith Jens Gudjonsson.